PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA B777 Incident @ Heathrow (merged)
View Single Post
Old 19th Jan 2008, 23:32
Bronx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
aviate1138
We can relax now as I see in the Mail that the Captain's wife is negotiating with Max Clifford to sell the Captain's story to the Media.
Excerpt from The Mail on Sunday website
EXCLUSIVE: Former air hostess wife of hero pilot tells of their high-flying romance
Don't bother reading it unless you like this sort of
On the Bahrain flight, there was an instant attraction between the young air hostess and the dashing pilot, whose resemblance to Mel Gibson she noted.
"Pete got on the plane and I thought, 'I fancy that, he's a bit of all right,' she says.
On the journey back to the UK I went against everything I would normally do and slipped him a note with my number on it.
I knew he had someone but I just couldn't let this person go."

The F/O who was actually the handling pilot rates only a few paragraphs for a short and modest account. Maybe he aint so greedy and has more dignity.

I thank the Man Upstairs, says Heathrow crash hero John Coward
"Normally in emergency situations, your training takes over. But training doesn't help much when your engines have just died and you are still short of the runway. I tried to keep the aircraft straight and when we went down I remember thinking, 'This is going to be a major catastrophe.'

All the crew did their job absolutely brilliantly but I think some thanks has to go to the Man Upstairs for giving us that little lift at the end.

I just focused on holding it up in the air as long as possible, then keeping it straight. When we landed there were several thuds. I expected there to be a major catastrophe but there wasn't.

I can't even remember how I got off the plane but there was a fair degree of panic. Then I sat in a room with lots of people rushing around me.
I was staring into space thinking about what I could do, as the adrenaline was still pumping hard."

The modest farmer's son yesterday arrived back at the house in Valbonne in the South of France where he lives with his French wife Valerie, 43, and their three children, feeling "happy but utterly exhausted".

He said: "I had barely got through the door when our nine-year-old daughter Coralie threw her arms around me and said, 'My daddy the hero.' But I don't consider myself a hero at all."

Last edited by Bronx; 19th Jan 2008 at 23:53.