PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA B777 Incident @ Heathrow (merged)
View Single Post
Old 19th Jan 2008, 23:20
PJ2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re remark not being stupid - understand and agree in the very broad sense regarding what one might learn at PPL school.

In this context however, it can lead people who don't understand transport category flight into all kinds of wrong areas and bad assumptions.

Just trying to maintain a modicum of informed discussion with some balance. So long as those who don't do this for a living ask more questions than make statements I think there is some tolerance from those who fly transport aircraft and who choose to post on PPRuNe, but this industry has a very low tolerance for pronouncements from ignorance, ego or wannabe bravado learned somewhere but not from within the industry. Some posters are finding that out very quickly and we come to know them equally quickly by the quality and timbre of their subsequent responses. There is far too little listening and thoughtful work going on here and it drives away those who could (and have) made intelligent presentations from their experience and knowledge. I've about had it with the nonsense myself. I sense you've got an approach that suspends pronouncment in favour of curiosity though...