PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA B777 Incident @ Heathrow (merged)
View Single Post
Old 19th Jan 2008, 21:32
Hand Solo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Intruder - No we do know it for a fact. The AAIB don't make statements that are not grounded in hard fact and the aircrafts Quick Access Recorder has already been analysed which will have all the data on thrust lever angle and engine response. If I balls up in BA I can go into the office and ask for replay of my flight. On the PC they will show me a full run down of the incident, with a visual flight sim style picture of the aircraft path along with full representation of the instruments, FMAs and control positions. That data was all available to the AAIB. Are you suggesting they ignored that and issued a statement based solely on crew reports that they might later have to retract? You really think they are that dumb?

Sevenstroke - C'mon, do you really think that level of detail is going to be in the public domain 2 days after the incident. What is it with you and Intruder's head in the sand attitude to a highly regarded accident investigation body? They've already said the engines (plural) failed to respond, you're still trying to nail it on the crew?