PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA B777 Incident @ Heathrow (merged)
View Single Post
Old 19th Jan 2008, 20:51
cargosales

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bugger, I don't have any kind of Flight Sim game on my computer so I can't join in with the daft speculation as to why this happened so I'll have to content myself with reading the AAIB report when it comes out.

In the meantime, BIG round of applause to all the crew, especially the captain for doing a captain's job and allowing his crew to get on with their jobs while he got on with managing the overall situation (or is that more idle speculation?) And applause to the new glider pilot John Coward..

As an ex gliding instructor, having to stretch an approach to make the field for whatever reason (in our case, misjudged/changed wind strength or suicidal stude trying to spoil our day, it matters not) in just a few hundred kilos of purpose built GRP glider can be seriously scary

I can only begin to imagine how these guys felt trying to do the same in something not specifically designed to glide and presumably with all the characteristics of a flying brick. + brown underwear is my starter for 10 and I wouldn't wish those few minutes on my worst enemy.

Nice one BA crew

CS