PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA B777 Incident @ Heathrow (merged)
View Single Post
Old 19th Jan 2008, 18:23
yakmadrid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Could not agree more with rubik101.

On another, not unrelated thread here on flight deck forums, regarding the bounced/baulked landing of the Iberia Airbus 320 at Bilbao recently, we have several accusatory, ignorant and puerile postings from the likes of lingasting, badboyraggamuffin and flap80, criticising the flying pilot for his lack of training, flying skills and poor airmanship.
Here we have an incident, cause unknown, involving a BA B777. I don't see any posts criticising the same qualities, or lack of, regarding the pilot flying in this instance.
Just how ignorant do you have to be before you rush into print about a perfectly capable Iberia pilot who flew his aircraft away from a potentially hazardous situation? Very, is the answer.
Just how educated or perhaps biased do you have to be before you rush to judgment regarding the pilot of the BA 777? Not very, is the answer.
The double standards and ignorance of some of the posters on this site never ceases to amaze me.
I do not profess to know, nor do I have the certainty to post an opinion on everything brought up on this site, unlike some of the more opinionated and ignorant posters on these forums.
However, I do know when an idiot posts something which is just plain stupid.
Before you post anything on this site, please put yourself in the position of the pilot concerned, carefully study the facts and the situation carefully and consider how you would have reacted in such circumstances. If you are unable to restrain yourself before rushing into print, try writing it on a plain sheet of paper and read it aloud to yourself. More often than not you will see that you have no idea what you are talking about.
Much the same as I feel now!! (you might opine)
Happy landings.