PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA B777 Incident @ Heathrow (merged)
View Single Post
Old 19th Jan 2008, 13:17
nigegilb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am sure the pilots were thinking about all that theory on final approach whilst staring at the peri road. The only point is they reacted instinctively and calmly to a very nasty situation. That is no accident, it is a result of very good training from BA. Neither hitting the road nor stalling into a field are particularly attractive options, but what they did in the last 2 miles enabled the cabin crew to do their job and get everyone out safely. A truly remarkable feat. In particular, the final hop over the fence, when in all probability the stick shaker must have been permanently on, is the thing that clinches it for me.

Well done to everyone involved. I don't blame WW for the impromptu press conference, there would have been a media hunt on this weekend which would never have allowed these people to get back to their families and their homes. That is the nature of the demands of the modern media.

As for the speculation. Really it is just a competition to try and second guess the investigation. I suspect there is a very simple explanation, which may have far reaching implications; we will know soon enough, of that I am sure.

Last edited by nigegilb; 19th Jan 2008 at 15:34.