PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Truth with Ryanair and SSTRs
View Single Post
Old 19th Jan 2008, 12:19
captainyonder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Truth with Ryanair and SSTRs

I've read six or seven threads in the last few months that have said that getting a job at Ryanair is now simply a case of showing that you have the ability to fly to a safe and reasonable level and more importantly that you have the ability to pay for the type rating. Is this true? I'm going to be finishing my CPL/IR in June and to my complete suprise I found out on Wednesday that a relative that I have never met has just died and very generously left me enough money to pay for a type rating (with a little left over for a few other bits and bobs). I really would prefer to go to someone like FR and start flying straight away and gaining the experience I need as opposed to firing off CVs. However I'm also thinking maybe going to GECAT or CAE for a SSTR might be a good idea as everyone I have known that has gone to either of these TRTOs has ended up with a job with six months.

If Ryanair is a reality, I'll do it, but I just want peoples honest opinion on it. How easy is it to get an interview and how long will I wait to be invited to one? I am considering the Ryanair approved MCC if it proves to be a more efficient way of getting a job?