PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA B777 Incident @ Heathrow (merged)
View Single Post
Old 19th Jan 2008, 10:01
TheChitterneFlyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Danny

And the speculation continues...

I feel sure that everyone has read every sentence and paragraph within the media press reports and it's my hope that every professional flyer will agree that it's all been a huge pile of 'tosh'. The 'Chief Editor' of the Daily Mail drivelled on and on about how many holidays the captain took etc, and I'm very surprised that we didn't get his inside leg measurement included into the 'hogwash' of a press release.

We've had many speculators and so called 'professionals' putting in their two-penneth into this thread, which I feel has fuelled the rubbish that the press have fed into their press reports. PPrune is a fabulous tool, but there are many people who have added a comment here just because they can, but really don't have a clue about what they are talking about . There's no point in having free speech from Joe Public about matters that they are clearly inadequately prepared for... it will only fuel the rubbish that the press will inevitably quote as being from a reliable source!

Wings have fallen off... no PA from the captain... APU door open... RAT deployment... lights still on in the cabin when power failure was reported, etc, etc, etc. Come on guys get real; it all happened in the final couple of miles and at around 600 feet; who in there right mind would think that a RAT is going to adequately spin-up at 140 kts or so? Who cares? Lights still on in the cabin... it's called Emergency Lighting! These guys didn't have any alternatives in their back pockets and they could do nothing more but stetch the glide and try and put the aeroplane into an open space... hence, very high 'Alpha' and low over the fence at low speed; vis-a-vie, huge carrumph and shove the gear up through the wing root. John Coward did a good job; as did the Captain and the cabin crew ... it's called a team! Let's leave the investigation to the AAIB and wait for the real facts.

I've now had my two-penneth; without any speculation! I prefer to leave that sort of thing to the professional guys who are trained to do that very job; Robin Tydeman... former Test Pilot, Airline Captain and now Accident Investigation Officer.

For those who want to 'have a go' at me from behind the cover of their laptops... please feel free to do so; I'll reply to the professionals, but to those who have reported wings falling off and why the lights were on in the cabin; captains holidays and inside leg measurements... I have an ignore button!

TCF

Edit
Well said Danny... you got yours in whilst I was being tested by the loss of bandwidth.

Last edited by TheChitterneFlyer; 19th Jan 2008 at 10:16. Reason: Added comment