PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA B777 Incident @ Heathrow (merged)
View Single Post
Old 19th Jan 2008, 09:54
Howard Hughes
Sprucegoose

Location: Hughes Point, where life is great! Was also resident on page 13, but now I'm lost in Cyberspace....
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Having finally read through the entire 32 pages of this thread (in between server crashes), the two following comments stand out to me above all others!
One question, does anyone else share my unease about heaping praise on the crew until the full results are in, I seem to remember something similar regarding Kegworth for the first three days after that incident.
I certainly do share your unease! I don't understand how we can be praising the crew (apart from the cabin crew who initiated the evacuation) unless we know all the factors that contributed to this accident! Sure the outcome was favourable on this occasion, but that could just as well have been 'in spite of' the crews actions', rather than 'because' of the crews actions'!

Now this is not to cast aspersions on the crew, but to say perhaps we should hold off on the praise until a little later.

At the moment all we have is speculation, albeit some well informed! I too have my own theory, but for the time being I will keep it to myself, let the investigators do there job people!
Have some faith in your hardware is what 10,000 hours on the 777 has taught me. There will be human skulduggery at root here somewhere.
I too have no doubt that there will be a human element involved, I just hope that it is neither a deliberate, nor negligent involvement...