PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA B777 Incident @ Heathrow (merged)
View Single Post
Old 19th Jan 2008, 08:56
BorderLine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Things to ponder...

Firstly, my apologies if this has already been covered.

To those not familiar with the 777, forget about previous Boeing product, this machine is vastly different in the way achieves the 'end result'.

From the pax reports i've seen, not one has said "the lights went out, then we hit the ground"....

Surely if there was an electrical system failure the cabin lighting would be one of the first things shed? The Pax notice that kind of thing...

The APU door is indeed open, but this doesn't mean it was running...

The RAT is shown still attached to the aircraft, surely if it had been deployed it would have been ripped clear of the fuselage on contact with the ground? The U/C was...

I know the multiple sources of electrical power availabe on the 777, Understand FADEC, AIMS and ELMS. Something is very strange here we are missing something, can't wait to hear the outcome

The fact that the 777 fleet is not grounded speaks volumes. I can't help but come back to a fuel related issue. Possibly there was more going on in flight than we know. Maybe the hero's might not be such in a few weeks time??? No offence intended to the pilots reading this.