PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA B777 Incident @ Heathrow (merged)
View Single Post
Old 19th Jan 2008, 05:59
ankh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
all I've piloted is hang gliders, so just asking the pilots ....

Having started flying hang gliders in 1978, just at the end of the 'full luff dive' era when they'd started building them with a bit of an airfoil and dive recovery instead of loose flapping Rogallo fabric, a lot of us learned a great deal from other pilots' stories, the "there I was, though I was gonna die" recitals -- honesty being the core of these knowing some bit might save another pilot's life another day.

Only question I feel might be askable at this point is -- for those of you who fly real airplanes -- will you approach your flying any differently knowing no more than you know now, that there have been several of these power failure events recently, for whatever reason?

They told me 'altitude, airspeed, and ideas' -- two out of three ain't bad.
So I'm wondering if knowing this has happened to several aircraft is going to change y'all's ....er ... approach, or flying, in any way?

Got anything y'all care to say about how you'll fly, with just this bit of knowledge that this can happen? Is it news enough to make any difference, before we know specifics, just to say, this too can happen?