PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 5
Thread: MANCHESTER - 5
View Single Post
Old 19th Jan 2008, 00:47
Adola69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How about cover for the Punters as well?

According to a press release from the airport authority Concorde should finally get a long awaited roof over it's head this summer.
Nice. I do hope that they are also going to offer some protection from the elements for the Punters who pay their money and have nowhere to shelter from the extremes of weather that the AVP seems to attract (Normally rain with howling winds), unless they arrive by Car. The Butty bar canopy is hardly adequate especially when the wind bloweth!

Anyway back to route news: This may be old hat to some, but I haven't seen it mentioned yet, and that is that JADE Cargo are to start a twice weekly service to Shenzhen from May 1st, arriving mid afternoon and departing at tea-time, via Budapest with B744's - which is nice!
Also Turkish are planning to increase to Eleven flights per week in summer.
Daily at 1000 and out at 1100, and then Mon, Wed Fri & Sun at 1420 in and 1520 out, - all local times.

I'd imagine (although I may be wrong) that little old Manchester will be second only to Amsterdam for Chinese Freighters?? ( Cathay, Dragonair, Air China, Great Wall, Jade and from Chinese Taiwan, China Airlines) - eat your hearts out south of 52.30N !!??