PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA B777 Incident @ Heathrow (merged)
View Single Post
Old 18th Jan 2008, 21:41
AirScrew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I want to join those ahead of me on this thread and say that I am very dismayed at the content of this thread.

PPrune founders and moderators. You have a great forum.

To the Professional Pilots on this thread, and the amateur pilots behaving professionally: Congratulations on trying to keep a level head when all around you are losing theirs.

To the myriad of other pilots, amateur, pro, whatever, I am disconcerted and disgusted at your lack of professionalism.

I cannot imagine another profession/industry where such uninformed nonsense is pedaled in public. As a rough estimate, more than 50% of respondents who look like professionals' and quote facts, are so inept and wide of the mark, that they show their professional and industry in a very poor light. This can do nothing more than give the press on this forum the impression that there sporadic and patchy training and no SOP's.

It also worries me greatly when I ask myself how many of the 'pilots' on this forum could have coped with such a circumstance. Whatever the cause, it has to be handled. The lack of clarity, thoughtful analysis, and consistency is astounding.