PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA B777 Incident @ Heathrow (merged)
View Single Post
Old 18th Jan 2008, 16:04
ryani210693

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi there.

After reading the Mirror today about the incident, i don;t know if anyone else has seen this about "automatic reversing thrusters" and also noone can seem to get the correct story right now about the Primer Minister either about whether he was on the motorway about to be struck by the aircraft, or waiting to depart on his plane.

Anywhos, about the plane. The Mirror had a section about a theory of automatic reversing thrusters that usually come on a few feet before landing. After reading this and it saying that they might have came on too high up as part of a malfunction by themselves, i couldnt help but think what a load of rubbish they are talking!

Am i wrong about automatic reverse thrusts feet from landing or am i right that this is not actually in aircraft and the thrusters do not go on until the manual pull back on the thrusters throttle/lever. It really annoys me when papers have no clue what they're talking about. I have seen many other silly mess ups, but this stood out too much and are they not talking a load of rubbish?

Ryan.