PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA B777 Incident @ Heathrow (merged)
View Single Post
Old 18th Jan 2008, 05:37
Eligy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jeez there's an incredible amount of crap in this thread. So long since I've posted I had to make a new account. O_o

777, a fly by wire jet, will auto start its own apu in the event of loss of AC from the transfer busses.

BA don't have the EFB fit, to whoever, mentioned windows as an OS on some systems.

Hell yeah though, it has a lot of computers and even if they all fall over it should still feed fuel to the donks by suction.

It's been demonstrated that the 3 standby instruments are surplus in that theoretically you cannot fail the 777 to the level where they are all thats left, unless of course the batt goes pop too.

In addition to my earlier post (#226) It is possible for a high water content to give an inaccurate fuel quantity reading.

Surely in a nine hour plus flight, contaminated fuel would rear its head before short final?

the only source of standby power on the 777 is the RAT...... probably not a lot of use by the time it deployed and spun up in this case?
Other than the battery, yeah.

I think the longer the press didn't know who the crew were the better, last thing the boys need is those gits digging into their lives printing the usual paraphrased, inaccurate drivel, though of course the names are out now anyway.