PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The R22 corner: Owning, flying & training questions
Old 17th Jan 2008, 06:09
MartinCh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just read accident spot in Helicopter International

And it might make you not to want to train full autos in Robbies at all.

Got my US consulate in Belfast visa interview in 2 hours.
Man I hate mornings. Better get used to early wake up as that's something I'll get should I get through with all training and instructing in the future.. (hopefully saving like hell and being patient not to waste my precious cash for flying in the UK unless necessary)

I'm going to do my private in R22 in NW of US during summer.
Having read accident spot over past year's worth of HI issues, I can conclude that even though R22 is most commonly used trainer in the US, it's still unacceptable to witness so many F='*d up autorotations (or going wrong the last few metres above ground or right on the ground)

I'll have to make sure if I'm told to do full auto in whatever, that the insurance got me fully covered (heli damage).

I do agree with previous posts that there IS some 'operational envelope' and that would not include ab initio training where people are rougher on controls.
When I'm returning to flying after a year or so after PPL, I'll make sure I'm getting some 'refresher' instruction and not just do SFH because it's cheaper.

I'm getting nervous. I already blew around £300 for all the 'fees and charges' and if I don't get my visa.. Well, I'll have to do with Argentina for summer then. That'll make up for my financial losses, all the gain in my personal life.

Yeah. Pishing like hell. "Why does it always rain on me?" gets new meaning.

Safe flying