PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - YMMB
Thread: YMMB
View Single Post
Old 16th Jan 2008, 23:32
hadagutful

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BULLDOG

I can't say for certain, too long ago but I have a feeling that Peninsula Air Services did have an operation down at Tyabb, but look, maybe BSB is right and Bill was just on the committee of PAC.
Probably need to check with one of the old hands from down there.

I started flying at Moorabbin in 1967 at 17 and I can just remember a few years before that when the field was an all over grass airfield. No problem for the DH84's and Chippies. Don't know whether cross wind landings/circuits were ever done??
Also plenty of paddocks around to do a forced landing if necessary, you'd be in deep s...t now of course.

Just getting back to the wheels up job in the DoA/CAA/DoT ???
G1000, the only aviation emergency I have ever been involved in to this day and not even as a pilot was in one of the DoA's you beaut
G1000's.
We had left Canberra for Ess via Mallacoota and Launceston and on the climb out from Lornie had a fire warning light so they shut down the LHS engine for an assymetric approach and landing back at YMLT.
Nicely executed and after all that, the inspection confirmed it to be a faulty micro switch.
Best thing though was that HQ sent one of the F28's, VH -ATG down from Melbourne to pick the 3 of us up!

Good old days in the Department!