PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PPL-FI Requirements changing with EASA?
View Single Post
Old 16th Jan 2008, 19:05
TheOddOne

Location: Down at the sharp pointy end, where all the weather is made.
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My excellent source informs me that the CAA and EASA are steadfastly at the moment sticking to the line that if you are a BCPL holder and you want to continue to be remunerated for working as an FI you will have to go to Gatwick and take the CPL writtens.
I DID the CPL writtens, took and passed the CPL flight test and have a BCPL on the strength of that. I guess that my licence will disappear along with all other national licences and ratings. Personally at the moment I'm content with having SEP, FI(R) CRI and IMC ratings on my BCPL and for the forseeable future. My ambition lies in getting the first solo restriction removed, then the night and applied instrument restrictions. In the fullness of time and considerable more experience, I'd like to consider an Examiner rating, but that's some way ahead. I don't know how many other people are currently in my position with a BCPL gained by passing the CPL stuff, passing few, I'd guess. I might have to look at an upgrade to CPL, but it's not something I need, I'd only really do it to protect my considerable investment so far. Presumably an upgrade would be to a JAA-CPL, which would automatically transfer to an EASA-CPL?

Cheers,
TheOddOne