PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - V Australia-Tell me it aint true! (Merged Thread)
Old 16th Jan 2008, 15:42
loveflying737

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interesting use of words there, Andu. "Strum"... Germanic derivation, I believe, perhaps even Dutch. Could that be why no one here has had a reply yet? That the first tranche of pilots, who've already received their marching orders on time, all speak a Dutch/Germanic language... like Afrikaans?

7x7 - In the Afrikaans "woordeboek" "strum" would appear between "struik" and "struweling". It is not there so I am sorry you will have to look for another group to suspect. "Stumm" does appear in the "worterbuch", but please let us not revive WW2

Don't fret - VA are not offering visas and there are very few SA pilots who hold the required qualifications, visas and an Aussie ATP licence. I must ask - as a PR visa holder, residing in Aussie with his family would an ex South African pilot still be considered to be a foreigner taking a job away from an Aussie or would you welcome him as a new migrant. The Aussies I have met would certainly go with the latter. LF737