PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - V Australia-Tell me it aint true! (Merged Thread)
Old 16th Jan 2008, 14:54
loveflying737

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wiley - good to see you back on for(u)m.

I am not sure if you were concerned about me taking offence - rest assured none taken. I don't live in Aus (unfortunately). I also don't love management, at times there are many of them that I don't even like.

This however does not apply to the two gentlemen in question. I am not going to belabour the point but as you have realised they are both highly respected and certainly of the better management people I have dealt with in my years in aviation in SA.

Having been around for a while I suppose I have progressed from wingeing about things before they happen to waiting until there is something to winge about. Also being a Japie I suppose I have learnt not to sweat the small stuff. When you see things that most people find unimaginable, happening to people around you, having to make work related decisions at short notice does not head up one's list of problems.

I am sure that the HR department in VA is aware of the timeframe needed by most pilots and more especially by those making an international move. Their modus operandi has not differed much from that of the other international carriers with whom I have dealt in the past few months and these have been established national carriers.

Having made the decision to move I made all my arrangements and prepared myself and family to move should I receive short notice that I had been accepted by another company. I found that the advance preparation seriously reduced the stress of being given short notice of a commencement date. Fortunately I only had to give 30 days notice.

Good luck with your move and if you make it into VA and decide to work for the sum being offered be sure to get around to meeting the guys that have been discussed. They both enjoy a beer. Then let us know what you think. LF737