PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Scottish Air Force
View Single Post
Old 16th Jan 2008, 12:11
fatobs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I happen to know the SNP spokesman for defence (and he knows even less about it than any of the other politicians who claim to be "experts"!) - he was the one who claimed all RN ships based at Faslane should have scottish names as it was "Imperialistic" that they were named after towns elsewhere in the UK

He thinks they would be intitled to 10% of everything as they form 10% of the population (actually more like 8% but who is counting)

So they would have an exteremly diverse range of aircraft / ships and land vehicles (except submarines as they run on nuclear power or have big bombs which the SNP say is very naughty).

So from the navy point of view that is about 5 lynx's, 5 Seaking mk 4's, 1 or 2 Mk 5's, 1 mk 7 and a couple of jetstreams. This would obviously be extremely expensive to maintain and even more to train the aircrew. We could also assume the same across the RAF again costing them loads of money.

With regards ships I vote we give them: Invincible (doesn't work - much like their parliament), a type 42 (one named after a scottish town) a couple of minesweepers and a p2000. that should be just about enough to look after their ever dwindling fishing fleet. This would hardly enough to keep the workforce on the Clyde and Rosyth employed.

The good news for us as we can charge them a fortune for training their pilots and selling them spares. We could also build our own ships and resurrect the english ship building industry.

As a committed unionist who is married to a Scot and lives North of the border (although I made sure both my children were born in England) I hope it will never come to anything, but if it does I am sure it will be a disaster along with the rest of the SNP policies so I shall move back to Gods own country.

Fatobs - now a civvy so really an Exfatobs