PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BIRMINGHAM - 4
Thread: BIRMINGHAM - 4
View Single Post
Old 15th Jan 2008, 16:58
EI-BUD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bmi comments

I would strongly disagree with the previous comments that Bmi Baby have nothing to fear with the arrival of Ryanair. THe EMA base for WW has been on hold effectively since the arrival of FRs base there. Same can be said of EZY at EMA.

FR will venture into WW markets and more likely BE routes. BE is a growing airline and Ryanair is set to put a challenge to them, I would expect an announcement on the BHX BHD routes soon.

I believe FR will set out on a mission to hurt its rivals and BE has offered that challenge,esp in BHD about the debate on Runway extention. Wouldnt be surprised to see FR on MAN BHD also soon, but thats for another forum.

While I agree alot of Ryanairs passengers are impulse flyers who may not otherwise have flown, they do certainly have a big Business travelling flyers. However, alot of these dont admit to flying FR. Besides with the sheer level of profits that FR produce it simply isnt all cheap cheap seats!

Great to see our innovative Irish airline set up yet another new base, good luck to them. I am a very satisfied Ryanair customer. Apart from always getting the best deal they always get me there in a new plane on time and with online check in/priority boarding I always get to choose my seat to the place that I want to go!!!