PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - V Australia-Tell me it aint true! (Merged Thread)
Old 15th Jan 2008, 16:17
loveflying737

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does anyone know anything about the flight ops management team? Anyone worked with them before? e.g what do u know about Manager Flight Standards, (other than the fact he wants to fly with his wife)? Where he's from, what he's like, etc. Same for the rest of the 'team'.
Shiftpattern - had you ended your post after the second ? it would have posed some valid questions.

Pity you had to reveal that you might just have an issue (or two) by becoming personal. If you know that the person in question has a wife that flies you obviously have access to all the information you really need and were just looking for an opportunity to make a statement. Do yourself a favour - if it is dirt you are looking for - you are barking up the wrong tree. Both the person in question and his wife are well liked and highly respected by most the people they have worked with. I believe she is still flying in SA so him flying with her can hardly be high on their list of priorities.

My earlier post (which you obviously have not read) gave you most of the detail you needed regarding the Manager Flight Standards. Read post #215. Once again you will note that there is no dirt to be found. I have to question why you chose to single out one particular member of the management team? Me thinks you have an issue.

The DFO is also a South African who is highly regarded not just in South Africa but internationally. He is highly qualified and very experienced, is well liked and has held many high level positions in his career.

Having done some research I believe that the VA management team has a diverse background. The company has employed some highly skilled and very capable people. I believe amongst the team there are some ex Cathay guys involved as well as the two South Africans. The CEO is reputed to be extremely dynamic.

I am just sorry that at present I don't have what they are looking for.

At the risk of being accused of being "sycophantic" I suggest that you might benefit by looking at the "bright side of life" rather than using irrelevant issues to make your statement.