PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - High Viz Jackets - Mandatory at GA Airfields?
Old 15th Jan 2008, 14:07
niknak
niknak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It amazes me how such a simple aid to see and being seen can vex so many people.
It's also indicative of the number of people who are members of the "It will never happen to me" club when it comes to avaition, yet I wager that 99% of you work in ordinary jobs within which you adhere to H&S because you have to.
I would also wager that in your normal mundane jobs, very few, if any of you, contest H&S requirements because;
1) You haven't read the H&S legislation in detail, and are to scared to rebel against it because you know you'd be sacked;and/or,
2) You've never discussed the particulars of anything such as yellow vests, with your H&S manager; and/or,
3) If you were to have an accident at work, you would be squealing like stuck pigs to sue for compensation.

So let's get some perspective here, you will either fly from ordinary small airfields where "H&S is someone elses problem" and as soon as someone is hurt, you will be squealing all the way to the High Court, or, you operate from a regional or even international airport where you have to comply.
I wonder if you'd be so quick to condem anyone who puts on a life jacket because their flight entails a 3nm trip over water?

Either way, your opinion on the matter doesn't matter and, if you choose not to comply, your business is worthless.

In that case, you really are in the minority but you still have to do what you are required to do by law.
If you choose not to fly as a result we are better off without you.

Last edited by niknak; 15th Jan 2008 at 14:25.