PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Upgrade to left seat or run away?
View Single Post
Old 14th Jan 2008, 19:14
NOTSURE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Having both the European and the ME experience in both seats for a number of years in a variety of types, I feel obliged to comment:

Nat Z, you must have not lived in the ME, or else you would have known that it IS of great importance where that job is. Flying longhaul for Virgin and EK is NOT the same! I can see our FMC friend being all excited about the prospect of going to work in the sand pit. Beware!!!

FMC, I see you have your mind set for "go", but before you do, ask yourself a few questions:
1. Are you ready to put your pants down for the relentless drive of bean counters to make more profit for their masters, and crush your spine and destroy your health in the process? Here, you won't have budy, rules and regulations or pilot union support for WHATEVER problem you are going to encounter.
Lifestyle? forget about it.
Savings? Give me a break!
Upgrade? Maybe.
Sunshine? Oh yes, cause if you are lucky to land that EK "dream job" you'll spend a daily average of 6 hours in DXB traffic jams.
Plenty of sunshine!!!!!!!
Ever wondered how life looks like in an artificial, luxurious and overpriced Mars outpost?
If you find these are non-issues, come to the sandpit. Good luck

Please re-read excellent post of Sgnr De L'Atlantique!

And, one more: before you start any ungrade, anywhere, get confident about the prospect of making it, or else........

Ps: On my way back to GOOD OLD EUROPE