PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Upgrade to left seat or run away?
View Single Post
Old 14th Jan 2008, 17:38
NAT Zulu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi again...back from my trip.

Firelfly bob - think you managed in one sentence what I was trying to say in half a page!!! Well done sir! I agree!

FMC Overheat.....yes, I did jump to LH in the UK (VA) and not the ME, but I do think that this is not really that important. The ethos I was trying to communicate still applies to taking or leaving the command, I think - investigate thoroughly your options, including both positive and negative aspects, and then go for the one that seems to give you the most satisfaction to your OWN personal requirements. Remember it is horses for courses, so to speak, for every aspect you could consider! One mans desert sandpit prison is another mans nirvana and some may say the notion of working for a boss who has a penchant for bad sweaters and galactic space tourism a crazy idea but, right now, I love what I get from the job!

Try this...... I wrote a line down the middle of a piece of paper with "plus" at the top of one side and "minus"on the other and listed everything I could think of into the two columns. Try and block out everything else except what each point means to YOU. For example : "command at current airline" - obviously, on the face of it, a "plus" since it looks good on your CV but possibly not the same grade for the effect on your lifestyle maybe?

Nothing else I can say really, fella. It really is your choice. I guess the point is alot of people on here like to tell you WHAT to choose, when really, I think, the most important thing is HOW to choose!

Hope the fog is clearing slowly!! PM me anytime

Nat Z