PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - So where are all the jobs then?
View Single Post
Old 14th Jan 2008, 17:36
FlyingApe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Have you been suckered by the Ab_ Initio Sales Department?

I passed my CPL I/R in 2000, MCC in 2001 then Sept 11 happened.... But I kept on flying ( group ownership is a wonderful thing).

I worked full time in another industry, and on my days off I became a part time flying instructor,... and I kept on flying.

I sent out hundreds of CV's and wrote hundreds of letters, and made hundreds of phone calls.

Then the call came... and I missed it 'cause I was working and my phone was off, so I missed out on the interview slot.

But I kept on pestering them, and eventually got an interview ( in the middle of a booked holiday which cost me over £1000 to re-arrange).

But I got a job in the end, and over six and a half years after I "passed my CPL tirst time with over 90% in my written exams".

I am now flying a jet, and I love it!

Was it worth the cost, effort and broken relationships? ...well the jury is still out on that one - ask me in 10 years.

However, I'm sure all my "life" experiences will make me a better Captain when I get to the coveted Left Seat. - More so than walking out of an ab-initio course with 200 hrs, and straight into the RHS of a jet. .... At least I hope so!