PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - U.S. ATC shortages; Already a Crisis?
View Single Post
Old 13th Jan 2008, 18:22
ferris

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry, but I just have to respond to your drivel, Batelco39.
No-one, absolutely no-one made this personal, except YOU. I don't care whether the wider audience listens to me, ignores me or whatever. Merely pointing out the wider audience can make their minds up about who was contributing to the threadstarters call for thoughts, and who was taking cheap shots and bemoaning that there is nothing that can be done!!
"No slight was intended"..could've fooled me. Perhaps your bitterness and lack of ability to climb the greasy pole is getting to YOU? BTW, you don't actually consider yourself management, do you?
We've been a happy lot here where we work for a while now so really don't need that nonsense to cause the type of unhappy and suspicious work environment that you had in the UAE.
Who is responsible for the culture of a workplace? The MANAGEMENT. Never, ever, denied I was a manager basher- but name one time when it wasn't warranted? Classic example you quote- rare for the managers actually accept responsibility for the work environment, except when it's going well! Nevertheless, still their responsibility.
And this gem...
the point I'm trying to make is that they have more chance of succeeding with your honest help rather than you just bagging them on anonymous forums and when they're out of earshot.
I think I bashed loudly enough and long enough within earshot. As you said, where did it get me? There are plenty of people who do that in any workplace, and where does it get them? Look at the state of US ATC staffing. Do some research. How much more can NATCA do, how loudly, how often? How much more can the troops do to try and 'help' the management DO SOMETHING?
There are very few circumstances where ATC's have stood together in a solid unit to achieve anything.
You really have been out here too long. In the wider world, it's not a matter of "standing together", the staffing levels are so critical that service can't be provided in places such as Australia. No "standing together" required.
There is always someone in our profession who is willing to sell his soul for a little more.
That's the point, fool. THERE ISNT A QUEUE OUT THERE. Maybe if you had a look around, find someplace yourself where your jaded, bitter, management-apologistic stress might wash away. "Soft green grass, soft green grass". Jobs all over the world.

Take a moment to read back over the course of this thread, and see what a sad ba$tard you've become (even your countrymen say so).

Thanks DD- now back to the thread.....