PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Another nail in the MACC morale coffin.
View Single Post
Old 13th Jan 2008, 11:51
Togo Dawn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mahaba, I don't know where you got that from, but it seems an unfounded rumour.

For those that don't know our sub roster is Mon - Fri, and we work 4 shifts of 7 hours. So in effect we work a 28 hour week and have every weekend off. We do it twice a year at most and most people volunteer to do it as it saves taking leave at a weekend. You do it for anywhere between 3 - 6 weeks at a time.

As for it reducing your leave, I don't know where that comes from. I have never had to take leave from the sub roster, I get put back on shift so I get the full 14 days off as per normal.

Personally, I like it and I know many others do as well. I have spoken with our reps and they know nothing about it other than managers would like to change it so we do more hours (don't they always?), but nothing is planned, and anyway we would get a vote.

The redifining of the summer leave was an initial discussion to help out the ATCO's as there was simply too many of us and not enough leave lines. So as to ensure everyone got their full summer leave (and their was talk of 'junior' ATCO's only being allowed 2 cycles instead of 3) a redefinition of Summer was proposed. A good thing I would suggest.

Morale is all relevant, some people are insuch a state of permanent angst round here they have become almost paranoid!