PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Silly rest periods in IAH (EK)
View Single Post
Old 13th Jan 2008, 09:16
EGGW

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Angry

To all the heroes who can achieve decent levels of rest in the Boing crew rest, you must be superhuman and far superior to the rest of us mere mortals.

This IAH pattern will lead to a serious incident, unless we get a minimum of 48hrs+ off in IAH. I have done the GRU once, and that was enough, i cannot get up at 6am local (dxb), get on the plane, go straight into the most uncomfortable bunks, and achieve any sort of decent rest. It is simply not possible, and if your telling me you can, BS.

The original forward bunks were junked by EK, because TC wanted the First Class suites to have headroom, and a feeling of space. They have achieved the latter at the expense of safety. The rear 777 bunks are crap, uncomfortable, you have to lie down, the noise is bad, you cannot watch the TV for more than an hour, your neck hurts. Read a book, forget it, not feasible I don't mind JFK's, they are just about do able, but any further, no thanks with current conditions. I will be filing ASR' s every IAH, GRU, f**k em.

EGGW