PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LEA Mustang Operation
View Single Post
Old 12th Jan 2008, 23:08
G-SPOTs Lost

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
reading this:

https://support.cessna.com/docs/cust...ust/mustsd.pdf

It should be good enough for 2.5 hours + decent reserve, dont underestimate how thrifty these things are, 250-300lbs p/hour would be very achievable.

LEA apparently looked at the average pax load and nominally its approaching two pax anyway although looking at the specs if LEA have kept them lean on weight they will no doubt get three pax to most of Europe without difficulty.

They only make sense based in the south of the country and from there will probably make the balearics, definetely Nice, Geneva and all the other places the budget charterer goes to in the kingair in 20 mins less. I admit 100kt h/winds will spoil the party

WRT redundancy its no more or less than the Kingair they replace. WRT standby battery endurance they ship a new lead acid now which is a new design and gone are the 30 mins after immense load shedding of the Bravo, I get 3hours on mine complete with FMS navigation in EMER.

Besides looking at the theatre that these a/c are going to fly in, even if it was 30 mins then I'm sure this would work as well.

Just to finish, Cessna are probably the most prolific builder of bizjets both historically and even now interms of an order book. Love them or hate them theres one on every ramp so all the talk of bad CG issues is probably bull****, they do know what they are and have been doing all these years.

I dont work for LEA but they have been around long time and probably would not order 8 of the things unless they had done their sums, besides you would probably pay $250,000 premium for an imminent C510 position so if they bring them over and stick for sale signs on them all they would probably make 1.5 - 2.0 million US$ anyway.

To summarise LEA can do two people to Nice on a one way and the aircraft will be on its way back before the Kingair would have got there. All this for the same price to the customer in Jet Style! If you need to go to Tangiers rent the 550!

Also wrt to the crews if they are upgrading their current Kingair captains of those 30yr old B200's with crap autopilots, then they will find the Garmin C510 a piece of piss.