PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DFS-Germany Direct Entry Atco-Info please
Old 11th Jan 2008, 23:25
Saigor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quote:

What sort of tax could be expected ie. what would the net salary be? Is that incl all extras (not overtime- just things like shift penalty)? What would one expect to pay for rent on a flat, and on a house?
I think ock1f is asking re 7) Is there any negative sentiment about foreign controllers joining? Is there any industrial relations issue/fight with management?

Well the tax depends on family situation. Wife and kids reduce your tax a bit, the 7800/8500 is without the extra pay for holidays and night shift.
To get a rough idea about taxes, I earn presently 8150€, after taxes about 5400€, wife and two kids. Depending on the night/holiday hours you can calculate with 300 to 600 € (tax free) on top. (almost 7€ per night hour, 50% extra on sundays, 100% extra on holidays, but often enough they 'move' your shift clear of that days, so you work a 5-3-5-2-5-4-5-3 shift)
Flats and houses is depending from location, most expensive in Munich (about a 650000 € for a house located in the subarbs, inner city is far more expensive, about 400000 € for a house in a village on the 'other' side of the airport, 60 to 80 km from Munich, rent differs between 600€ for a small flat, up to 1500€ for better area and more rooms, furniture isn't included.)
Bremen would be the cheapest location, about 30 or 40% of the mentioned rates above. Take a look....
http://immobilienmarkt.sueddeutsche.de/
Wohnimmobilien (mieten = to rent, kaufen= to buy)
a lot of the offers got a link called 'Umgebungsplan', if you click on it, you get a map with the marked object, zoom out and you get a good impression of the area. The airport (and the center Munich) is about 30 km to the NNE of Munich City.
(Wohnung=flat, Haus=house, Anzahl der Zimmer=number of rooms)

I guess no negative sentiment about foreign controllers to be expectet, as long as you don't bring hundreds of colleges with you and work for 60% of our salary
And the industrial relations? hmm, since we just formed (=about 5 years ago) our own union, everything is getting better and better, slowly, often enough with some threats about industrial action by our side, but the situation is improving, at least the part which is defined in the agreements between the company and the union. On the other side the upper management regards the complete controller class as a bunch of unwilling, bored, overpaid, arrogant pain in the neck. They pay as because they need us - if they could get rid of us and could find a computer system doing the work, they would do it in lightning speed! I guess you get the picture...
Currently they are negotiations about working hours, holidays and so on in progress, as mentioned by MUC ARR/DEP in the posts above. And the next issues are already waiting - pension funding, and salary increase.......

and one guess by my side:
When I look at that add in the flight international, I guess most of the foreign controllers (if any) are going to work in Karlsruhe, at least the ACC rated.
APP-rated most probably Frankfurt (Langen) or Munich. But that's only a gut feeling....

Saigor

Last edited by Saigor; 12th Jan 2008 at 01:04.