PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Canada A319 hits turbulence
View Single Post
Old 11th Jan 2008, 23:05
Thunderbird4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
from the http://www.avcanada.caforum....

Hey Guys,

I was on AC 190 yesterday. I just wanted to say that from my point of view the crew did a awesome job. Two of the Three flight attendants were injured and continued to assist the passengers and prepare the cabin for landing. The Pilots kept us informed as to what happened and what we were doing. All I know is that we were in smooth air in cruise when the plane rolled abruptly to the left followed by a roll reversal to the right. There were then about 3 more roll reversal that were getting small in intensity. It seemed to me that after the first roll upset the crew was getting the Plane back under control. The first roll reversal was a very rapid movement. It was nothing that I have ever experienced before. It was a very violent disruption. As you can imagine anything that was not strapped down was airborne. I was lucky that my neither I nor my family was hurt. After the crew had the Plane back under control the Captain
made a PA and said that then had had a computer malfunction and that the problem had been isolated and that they were manually flying the Plane. The rest of the flight was smooth with a nice landing in YYC. I just wanted to say thank you to the crew for getting us on the ground safely.

Sean Atkinson
B757 FO