PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWCASTLE - 7
Thread: NEWCASTLE - 7
View Single Post
Old 11th Jan 2008, 19:27
skyman771

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Newcastle seems to have a reputation amongst the lo-cos as a bucket and spade airport
I'm not prepared to codone this comment, what I will say is that reputation has nothing whatsoever to do with it. It's facts that the airlines rely on. As to whether they choose to act upon the information in a positive way in providing additional services is another thing.
Whilst I'm on about Loco's it's amazing how the experiences of some posters on this thread with only occasional experiences of any particular airline, are extrapolated for completely OTT rants. With some it's EZY, others it's with LS, and RYR doesn't escape either. I make trips on average once a month and use the airline that provides the most convenient times vs cost to get to where I need to be. It could and often is one of the above or it could be BA, KL or whoever. Maybe it's just me because really the only real difference these days is in one's perception of the provider. All these rants that airline A or B has FA's who don't smile or are a bit shirty really doesn't wash, it's no big deal, and anyone who insists that they would suffer any inconvenience / additional cost in using an alternate airline because of this is talking absolute bcks!
Now before anyone starts on and says ' oh bet you haven't suffered the dealys that I have' well I have ! indeed one better I've had the flight canx on me with a serious bit of messing around. What I have is the maturity & experience to realise that on the whole things are a damn site better than they were in years gone by. I can recall only too well using the limited services of BKS & BA in the early days, & I for one would not now pay the relative price for a smartly dressed 'Air Hostess' and a cooked meal on the LHR as a means of getting to a subsequent European destination. Guy's calm down !