PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 5
Thread: MANCHESTER - 5
View Single Post
Old 11th Jan 2008, 16:39
chiglet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Shed, eloquent as ever....
Loco,
It is completely preposterous to suggest you can have a sensible discussion about some aspects of the route network at MAN without due consideration to what is happening with other airlines and other airports. You can pretend all you want that one airport serves one area and the other serves another, but no-one responsible for airline fleet deployment, route and revenue management or airport business development thinks like that. So why should anyone on here who wants to get a better understanding of how the business works choose to think in that way? In fact it is very odd behaviour as it seems that many posters demonstrate little if any experience of route development or revenue management but on other otherhand are extremely interested in what route planners and revenue managers have in store for MAN. If cabin crew, ATC, security, ground agents or plane spotters want to educate themselves on how and why airlines choose MAN or choose somewhere else then thinking "only mention MAN in the MAN thread" will get you nowhere fast.
Sorry, but it is a long quote.
This has been covered in the past. YES, what happens at Manc affects the 'Pool, and Leeds, and to a lesser extent EMA and BHX. I live in East Manchester.... and have flown from EMA and Man. Son ditto from LPL and LBA. We both have a car....Shed does NOT, hence his posting.
But we "seem" to be degenerating into a "slanging match" [aka ww contest]
So yes, please mention what othr a/fs are doing, but NOT XXX is doing this, and MAN aren't..na na nananaaaaa

As an aside, I would like to travel to work [MAN] by train...nearest station, Stalybridge, the earliest "Airport Train" leaves 20 mins after I start work, hence the car...although as a "Spotter" I did cycle to the Airport....., but that was in the '60s
we [really] do aim to please, ['cos] it [really does] keep the cleaners happy