PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWCASTLE - 7
Thread: NEWCASTLE - 7
View Single Post
Old 11th Jan 2008, 15:07
transwede

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was surprised to see FR drop BGY, maybe its part of a long term plan - who knows, but I'm sure its a route somebody else could pick up and it continue to attract good load factors!

mad_rich

Over the years various routes to Germany have been tried at NCL, but with not much sucess or longtivity to them. HAM, HAJ, CGN, MUC and SXF are recent attempts with only DUS and HAJ remaining. EZY did operate SXF for a while and loads seemed to be improving when the flight ceased. Rumours have circulated before about both Flybe and AB starting services to city and low cost hubs respectively, but BE plans for a NCL base have been shelved for the time being apparantly and no more has been said of AB! Lets see what the future holds?

I am still very interested in seeing Jet2's aircraft utilisation for S08. The opinions that they will be very busy are interesting as last year they were reasonably quiet and their timetable does not reflect a particularly busy programme coming up, even with the addition of a 1 x weekly RHO charter, which incidentally cannot be booked via the tour operator who is chartering the aircraft. It would be a nice money earner for LS to start operating a series of summer/winter charters?!