PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Help, richiesta consiglio a 29 anni.
View Single Post
Old 10th Jan 2008, 23:03
papazulu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pay for your own type rating
No comment... But if the worse come to worse, wouldn't it be better to go for a Bus or Boeing rating? Nowdays LoCos are far more desperate for crew than GA.

There is a massive demand for pilots on these planes.
You forgot to mention EXPERIENCED, at least these are our (and most EU operators) min reqs...

Failing that you can get a bermuda/caymen or aruba validation on your licence $100.There are a lot of planes on these reg of convenience including n,reg especially in the uk or russia.
Even worse IMHO: very few N-Reg a/c of that type either UK or elsewhere EU-based. Some VP-reg & C. UK-based but also managed so back to square 1: need MASSIVE experience and a name in the industry. The guy sitting in the back is not a pax, he is the BOSS so he wants to play it safe. I am sure we all can agree on this.

Ok so you want to become a pilot,you will need to learn english before you start.
THIS is always a VERY GOOD advice.

My 2 pennies: with that sort of degree & working experience you should be able to manage a reasonably well paid job in UK while training for your license there (JAA). Meanwhile stay in touch with the industry: there are plenty of opportunity in GA as instructor, cargo & pax pilot on small twins where initially you can fly as safety-pilot and log PIC on empty legs to build the min requirements, then move to TP or Light BizJets. I' ve seen people in much worse conditions than yours (age-wise) to climb the ladder in reasonable time without paying ANYTHING beyond their CPL/IR/ME (and FIC if wanted).

All this provided you are willing and able to relocate, of course.

PZ

Last edited by papazulu; 10th Jan 2008 at 23:25.