PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Now everyone can earn 10000ringgit (3000usd)
Old 10th Jan 2008, 18:29
QNH1013
INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good Post by Chrome.

The CEO is a business man, so he is just doing things because simply he can. Air Asia is a great opportunity to start a flying career directly on Jets so the young guys and girls who are cadets and the ones that have paid for their flight training really do not have much choice unless they are lucky for a cadetship with MAS or SIA. So for TF it's take it or leave it and no flying job. The pay is low and the Bonds are High and Long and most importantly ILLEGAL. No pro-rate and inflated amounts.

Capt Salary I think is comparable to market forces in Malaysia comparing to MAS. You cant compare with world market forces because then both F/O's and Capt are underpaid of course. But for Malaysia standard and cost of living it's comfortable. Unfortunately once you step outside Mayaysia your Ringgit doesnt stretch very far. Unless you like to holiday in Cambodia.

As long as Malaysians have the ambition to fly and AK's terrible bonding exists, then there will always be low F/O pay. I really dont know what will happen especially when fleet size increases and Captains become short. Will F/O promotion be enough to cover that?

The airline benefits are almost non existent either. But Air Asia is a low cost carrier remember so if one is not happy with that lifestyle then they would have to leave for a full service airline. It's just that many of the pilots have no ambition or vision for that so they are content where they are. As for the younger F/O's that do I wish them all the best and good luck. In the meantime Air Asia is an excellent learning ground and stepping stone offering invaluable experience. But low cost carrier lifestyle is not much and bloody hard work. No Pilot Union or Unity also playes a part and they take these unfair conditions lying down.

Speaking of hard work and since the subject of this thread was cabin crew, wanna know another interesting fact? I have PERSONALLY seen the Geneva roster of 2 cabin crew (dont ask me how I know) One Crew from Air Asia Malaysia and one from Indonesia Air Asia. Both for a 4 week roster. Malaysia Air Asia Crew has 101:29 FLIGHT HOURS Rostered (with 1 gold coast flight to be fair) and the Indonesia Air Asia Crew has 94:50 Flight Hours. And 40 hours extra for Duty Hours. Rostered for this mind you.

The poor guys and girls are working so hard for short haul regional flying while myself, on worldwide long haul is rostered for around 75-80 Hrs!