PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Canada A319 hits turbulence
View Single Post
Old 10th Jan 2008, 18:19
FrequentSLF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@MLS
I do agree with your comments. False alarms are part of the "game". I do not agree on the comments that wants to put the blame on the SLF. IMHO it is outrageous a comment such as
"I'm hoping that the seatbelt signs were on when these people got injured. Nothing annoys me more than seeing folks walking around with the sign on. I'm convinced they think that pilots turn on the signs just because the chime sounds nice."
I do fully agree with the basic principle of the statement (i.e. seat bealts sign on...fasten the seat bealt and be quite on your seat).
I do question the sarcasm (i.e. sounds of chime) and the use/abuse of the sign by some airlines. Really what I could not agree is the tone of the statement...
Anyway, let me aks you a simple question...why the cabin crew most of the times is walking around when the seat belt sign is on? Would be simplier that all cabin crew sits down, this will not give excuses for the SLF to walk around too? Anyway my point is not to the need of respecting an instruction (fasten seat belt), I disagree on the way it was expressed.
Regards