PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oxford Aviation & HSBC Question
View Single Post
Old 10th Jan 2008, 10:10
nickmanl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
would be ashamed to jeopardize my parent's house!!!
do they know how hard it is to get a job?
will you take care of them when they will lose their house?

this is scandalous, and of course, student borrowing money don't care because they think they will join BA and make lot of money.

but what if you don't get the job?
if you lose your medical?
Firstly, if I was you I would be so ashamed to be speaking in such a patronising, ignorant and arrogant manner towards someone else on these message boards. Who on earth are you to criticise someone's ambitions? Do you not think for a minute parents and the student would not talk through the issue of the loan being secured on the house? Students are fully aware of the situation and what is being held on their shoulders. Also, most of the students I know are fully aware of how difficult it is to get a job at the end of their course. I have not met anyone who is believes they will waltz into BA on a mammoth salary. Some of the graduates (a select minority of course) will however start off with BA at a very competitive salary. I have it on good authority BA will be looking for 2000 pilots in the next 5 years and are thinking about opening up a sponsorship scheme similar to NetJets and Flybe with a flight training college very soon. However difficult you like to proclaim it is, it is not impossible to find employment. Most students also engage their brains and produce viable contigency plans should they not seek gainful employment at the end of their training. Your suggestion that wannabees are jeopardizing is scaremongering. As long as they can find employment in another field and can afford the monthly repayments it is of no concern to HSBC as to what that employment may actually be.

I would also like to put it to you Dartagnan, what if you don't lose your medical and what if you do get a job? Funny that for every negative bit of spin you put on something there may also be a positive side. What would happen if you lost your medical or your job or does the negativity not work the other way around? Do you not want other people to succeed where you have?

Sorry to go off topic guys. I have no problem with people offering realistic advice about the gravity of the situation wannabees put themselves in, but comments like the above are simply further degrading the reputation of pprune. Sometimes if all you want to do is snipe and bitch then it may be better not to contribute at all and go away and moan somewhere else. If you have children Dartagnan and if they come to you saying they want to do something, will you discourage them from following their aspirations?

Back to the topic, HSBC Oxford will only provide 50k I think towards the integrated route although I think HSBC MK will go slightly further.

Last edited by nickmanl; 10th Jan 2008 at 14:18.