PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aero-care Australia
View Single Post
Old 10th Jan 2008, 10:02
Ozgrade3

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Oz Aviation(and his attitude) is precisely why I left Aerocare after 5 and a half years. The first 2-3 years were great, I learned more about the industry and what it takes to run a ramp operation than I ever could dream of. My time on the Impulse 717 ramp at Sydney was the most stressful, exhausting part of my working life, but also the most enjoyable. We all felt we were achieving something and felt for th most part, the Impulse people actually appreciated us. We often went way way above the call of duty, but that was just they way it was, and we relished it. I think we did some good work, and made some life long friends. At the time we had a great relationship with the owner.

Some things I learned,

When you have a sucessful company..........NEVER, NEVER, NEVER.........EVER employ family to be managers. They just turn it into thweir little fiefdom.

Aerocare want brainless workers who will follow management ideas without question. The last type of employe they want now is a pilot, who has the brainpower to think about what is going on and , oh my god, speak out about it. Disagreement with management is a cardinal sin.

Oh one more thing, one of the funniest things I have ever seen is one certain managers spanish inquisttion when in just before Aerocare lost the REX contract, some one wrote on the white board in the office below T2, the REX ramp one. "The end of Aerocare in Sydney as we know it". The interviews of all sydney staff, photos taken, notes made, endless questioning of who did it. God how I was able to keep a straight face at the time.

Well, it was ..........ME......I did it.