PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 5
Thread: MANCHESTER - 5
View Single Post
Old 9th Jan 2008, 22:52
FlyZB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gleno...

Yes and I truly believe there is demand for flights to certain places, MAD definately, from both MAN & LPL. However I do agree with Mr A Tis in the sense that some destinations will not succeed from both MAN & LPL as it will over saturate the market from this region. Many of these destinations are regulars on the LPL departure board and it is unlikely they will make their way onto the MAN departure baords anytime soon, at least as far as EZY & FR is concerned. The last thing they want to do is compete against their own services 30 miles down the road.

Going loco makes a good point in tha airlines will not just start routes because there is a gap to plug, they will start routes if it is going to make them money. There are however gaping holes on the departure boards at MAN to destinations that will succeed from the airport. It is up to one of the airports operators, LCC or otherwise, to realise the potential. I think that's what MUFC fan is getting it when he talks about WW. They have to see the potential before someone else gets in there. Many routes will only sustain one carrier but if it's marketed well, it can make that carrier money. It wont be Jet2. They've tried and failed. Maybe their brand just isn't as widely recognised as other carriers.