PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Did the pilot originally scheduled to fly [i]that[/i] Concorde refuse?
Old 23rd Aug 2001, 02:39
The Guvnor

fish

As you say, BEagle - I suspect that this is the case; that Air France's training methodology is to blame in large part for the crash. Certainly, there were major CRM problems, with everyone apparently acting independently.

Are any BA Concorde PPRuNers aware of what the AF training is like? Have they flown together at all?

You know, the more that gets revealed here (and elsewhere) the more it appears to look like AF and probably other major French concerns such as ADP are potentially catastrophically flawed and need to be re-engineered from the ground up.

Remember, the French government has long been in the business of covering up things that have the potential of hurting France plc. From the Rainbow Warrior through to multiple A320 and A330 crashes, the blame has been laid anywhere except at the door of anyone that may adversely affect French economics. We've seen how the ridiculous insistence of French pilots and ATCOs in speaking French has cost many lives over the years. How much longer are we going to put up with this - when our own lives are on the line?

In the interim, I think we need to ask ourselves - is it really safe to fly to (and over) France?