PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Training at Netherthorpe
View Single Post
Old 9th Jan 2008, 07:26
CWFlying

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Training at Netherthorpe

I am thinking of taking flying lessons at Netherthorpe but, after reading through the forums, I have a few general and specific questions that I would appreciate some guidance on.

1) Mention is made that some instructors are just trying to make up hours and are not really all that interested in the student. How can I tell this (not having anything to compare with) and does anyone have experience of either Phoenix or Sheffield Aero Club at Netherthorpe.

2) Mention is made that the weather cancels quite a few flights. How bad do the weather conditions need to be before cancellations especially as Netherthorpe has grass landing.

3) One club uses Cessna Aerobat and Beagle Pup whereas the other uses Cessna 150/152 & 172. What are the main differences that I would notice, are they similar to fly, is it just an age issue?

4) One club charges £110 (plus a membership fee) whereas the other charges £94 (no membership fee). Over 45+ hours this is a sizeable difference. Does anyone have experience of Netherthorpe and know what "extra" you get for the extra money?

5) I would prefer to learn with the club that has the best teachers who are enthusiastic, does anyone have any experience of the two Netherthorpe clubs that they can pass on.

Sorry for the ramble but I would like to get it right at the start!