PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Did the pilot originally scheduled to fly [i]that[/i] Concorde refuse?
Old 23rd Aug 2001, 00:20
Christopher James

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi chaps, ATCO here.

This is a most interesting thread but I am finding it quite troubling to read. Without wishing to cause offence to the French people, given other incidents that have occured in France, I smell a rat.

Irrespective of what actually caused or contributed to the crash there is a list of issues in this accident that need to be investigated in their own right. To me, when it is all put together it reads as a very damning indictment of Air France. Should Air France have been found to be criminally neglegent I believe the resulting law suits could have put them out of business and that is a very good motive for covering it up.

I get a feeling I have had before. Wasn't there a couple of lines of code missing from the black box readout of the A320 that crashed (CFIT) at that airshow? We have recently discussed here the language problems at CDG and the death that 'caused'.

It seems to me that the French nation is not acting responsibly. If we allow that to go unchallenged we must accept the consequences.

9Left