PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RACWA
Thread: RACWA
View Single Post
Old 8th Jan 2008, 23:09
RabidNuts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yaaaaa...

My advice would be to have a look at ALL the training organisations before commencing to shell out inordinate sums of $$$!! Clubs may have alot to offer in terms of facilities, organised events and social opportunities but beware of getting lost in the numbers and the sausage factory approach to training that may prevail. I have also found you can sometimes wind up being placed with too many junior instructors and stand to gain little practical knowledge over and above the text book training.

Smaller outfits can offer more personalised training, higher grade instructors who may have a broader range of aeronautical experience to pass on during the course of your flying.

I completed my CPL with a smaller company who were willing and prepared to accomodate my specific needs, whereas (unfortunately a poor business decision on their part as I completed my PPL there!) the RACWA informed me under no certain circumstances that it would not be possible to meet my particular training requirements.

Be informed so as to make the right decision, you'll no doubtedly use the same process all through your flying career!!

rN