PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cross check chucked
View Single Post
Old 8th Jan 2008, 22:04
Baade152

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you Overhere for your indepth medical assessment - as a responsible crew member I would have stood down from duty had I thought for one minute I was in any way a risk to my pax or fellow crew (day one of training school I think) but to make that assessment 4 hours previously before that flight departs is certainly a case of soapbox selling of hindsight. The issue isn't that I was incapable - physically or otherwise of disarming a door but a series of out-of-sequence and unexpected deviations from SOP by the company and other crew which led to human error - I'm sure you are familiar with the Swiss Cheese Model. My error was another hole in the sequence and reported - as should all errors - with the intention of preventing another incident with a far worse outcome - I have seen a fair share of slides deployed whilst this 'procedure' has been in place and not one beforehand.

And I agree - arming/disarming isn't rocket science - it's the 101 other things happening around that could - and have caused distraction. Enjoyed your input and view all the same.