PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cae Amsterdam A Failure
View Single Post
Old 8th Jan 2008, 19:10
vikingdk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Devil

Its a funny world, i knew this guy who bought a SSTR on the 737 after flight school,but couldnt manage to get a job, despite many of his colleagues being successful in finding jobs a that very time. I guess it all came down to his personality, he had a rep of being very selfish and rude to other people during his time in basic flying school. Apparently he has not changed one bit, but
fly around for a certain british carrier now(glad im not there flying with him)
Back to the subject, RYR doesnt accept everybody onto the TR and I know that for a fact, because i did the RYR MCC and out of four, only one got accepted. A lot of people fail the sim check or the interview, but if you pass people tend to think that they already have right hand seat secured. I did the TR a CAE and found the training excellent but yes some guys simply gave up or others was shown the door, HOWEVER this has nothing to do with ryanair or CAE for that matter, but a few people didnt work quite hard enough or just wasnt prepared for the sheer volume of work that comes with doing a type in 6 weeks. You can say a lot about RYR but once on line you will find out of how many excellent guys and girls are out there with you on the line and that together with some seriously challenging work and airport names and codes you have never even heard of, makes it a brilliant place to start a career.

Last edited by vikingdk; 8th Jan 2008 at 19:23.