PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 28 day check - logged as P1 or PUT?
View Single Post
Old 8th Jan 2008, 17:19
Julian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think Bose has put some very sensible (if you excuse the pink shirts ) points forward and got every one to think a bit more about the subject rather than blindly following what an instructor tells them. Well done mate.

Whilst you maybe considered TWOC if you took a club aircraft on day 29 and suitablly followed up by what ever action the club wants to take, heres another scenario for you...

Several people have brought up about falsifying logbooks and the @rsekicking and fines associated with it, so I will throw this one into the pot.

Lets say that a hirer takes a 'Club Check Flight', he is fully within the legal requirements to command the specific type of aircraft (i.e. C172), its a 28 day check purely for club purposes and nothing else so the FI can just enjoy the view. The hirer has told the FI as such before they enter the aircraft that he is legal, etc and unless the FI intervenes because he considers the hirer flying dangerous, he can sit there enjoy the view and ask for the maneourves to perform.

I would also point out that the FI must intervene because he feels that the hirer is unsafe/damaging aircraft/etc and not because he wants to take over to show him another way of doing something in contravention of what was agreed on the ground unless as said earlier, the hirer is unsafe, a muppet, etc. Otherwise its a convinient way for any hour buliding FIs to say they took control and hence claim the flight.

Flight successful. Now on the ground the FI says he is logging P1, you state you are logging P1 as no instruction took place. If the CAA ever called landed on the logbooks and found them both logging the same hours, would the FI feel confident enough to argue that the hours are his when there appears to be no legal basis for claiming them, only a club flying order?

J.