PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What is the standard price usually for a PPL(H)?
Old 8th Jan 2008, 17:11
Lost Again

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hours helmets and suits

Hello KNIEVEL77

your getting lots of good advice - have a bit more

hours - I took about 90 odd hours - this included time that I did not actually need to do ie mountain flying and jollies in a r44 to places such as Goodwood festival of speed, Sandown etc - I treated the learning process as something to enjoy and spent far more than I had ever thought I would - probably 20 hours extra.
(I probably was a poor student as well)
If you have limited funds ensure that you know what the next lesson will cover and review your books and any comments given by your instructors so that you will get the full value from the lesson.
If anyone is learning in a 44 see if you can sit in the back - you can learn alot from someone elses mistakes and it is cheaper.

helmets - I don't wear one but should, been in a fixed wing crash and split my head open - upside down in a full harness bleeding is not fun and it is even worse when the man who rescues you helps you to fall into a ditch full of nettles on the way to the ambulance !

Suits - never worn one and probably never will - I would never take the piss out of anyone who did as it is an individuals decision and I do not think the guinea pig club is taking on new members, I do not know of anyone where I trained who does, although they all stick to sensible clothes and shoes / boots.

My final advice is to use different instuctors, they all have a different approach and you can learn more

regards

Richard